Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beauty by Bennett

Finally, my first blog entry! I created this site well over a year ago and have yet to post anything until now. I've been in to beauty, hairstyling and fashion for far too long to not have a say about any of it. I recently finished a full-time hairstyling course at Marca College (Danforth) which has opened my eyes to a lot of classic and trendy styles I'd love to incorporate :) Consider this is a quick glimpse of what I've learned so far- stay tuned, there is surely more to come!

(Four rows of extensions/ Layered Cut (for blending) & Curl)

This is my friend Rosaria; we go waaaaay back! You can't tell but she needed a few rows of extensions to help give her a full and voluminous head of curls for the Holidays. I could kick myself for not taking a before picture :( Nonetheless she was very happy with the result and has since returned.

(Full-Head Weave & Cut)

Again- I need to learn to take a "before" picture (no matter how excruciatingly hideous they may be)
This woman usually has a full, thick head of natural hair. She finds it much more manageable to wear a 'shake-n-go' weave. I simply weaved her full head and cut it into a bob. Satisfied, she found the style very easy to transition from the work place to the gym.

(Mohawk & Line-Up)

This is my son Mason. Like his mother he is an individual like no other. He often stands out from a crowd and so I felt it was only necessary to bring out that side if him with his very own mohawk. To give your little one to sit still might I suggest 'Treehouse' and Marshmallows? Great distraction ;)

(Full-head of Highlights/ Cut & Blow-Dry) 

This was my first attempt- EVER- at highlights. I must say I did a smashing job :) Of course attending Marca College had me practicing highlights day in and day out. I've grown to love highlighting hair and am stoked to have a human model my art work very soon. 

(Colour/Wash&Set)

Tia's hair is 100% natural. Instead of resorting to relaxing it we decided to give it a slight lift. Nothing too damaging or drastic. We simply turned to 'Dark & Lovely' for that gorgeous Golden Bronze look. Then after a thorough blow-dry for a sleek smooth look we turned to the flat iron for the finishing touch. To keep the smooth look for a few days be sure to wrap and tie your hair. If done right there will be no need for heat application again! *Stay tuned for a wrap tutorial*

(Relaxer/ Colour-Rinse/ Weave & Cut)

Oh my Mommy dearest.... She makes sure I go hard! Definitely one of my harshest and realest critics. After a much needed relaxer I continued the service with a colour-rinse (Darkest Brown). For those of you who don't know and wonder why your hair is always drying out and dropping off :

*** It is better to put colour on relaxer than relaxer on colour!!!!! ***

Your hair is alreadys at a fragile state. its been stretched, pulled and chemically straightened- PERMANENTLY! Don't go adding colour- another chemical service- to the list. 
Once her hair was blow-dried I added in about four rows of extensions (#1B) and a row of #33 to give her hair a soft subtle highlighted look WITHOUT chemically doing so. There are alternatives ladies, if you're not going to research it may i suggest you go to someone who has or will. 

Unless you like the Amber Rose look:
Nuff said.


Whew! That was fun! I can't wait to do this again with you guys soon! Feel free to ask questions or suggest a certain look that I will be more than happy to demonstrate for you.

For bookings and inquiries:
e-mail:  benn3tt@hotmail.com
twitter: @MsBenn3tt 
or
instagram: Msbenn3tt

1 comment:

  1. Awww thanks Sharon :) I seriously appreciate it. You have no idea

    ReplyDelete